1. Description of Rehabtool.com World-class Assistive Technology Making a World of Difference"High-tech assistive, adaptive and accessibility aids for children and adults with disabilities and special needs..."
Purpose: This site specializes in computer adaptations and builds custom software solutions for children and adults with disabilities.The services provided on this site are:
- Augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Computer access equipment
- Multilingual speech synthesis and voice recognition software
- A great selection of virtual on-screen keyboards
- Voice-enabled communication boards
- Cognitive rehabilitation tools adapted to the special needs of the disabled http://www.rehabtool.com/
• How can people contribute - The online community and forum gives readers an opportunity to interact and post messages on desired topics of interest regarding.
• What do they contribute - The site offers quarterly newsletters and information on other sites that have similar. Contributions are made in the forum by way of answer/question methods.
2. Description of Infogrip.com - was founded in 1986, with a mission to develop and market products that provide people with a healthier and more productive way to interact with computers.
Purpose: We are experts in our industry and specialize in providing our clients with all of their assistive technology and ergonomic product and training. http://www.infogrip.com/
• How interactive is this site - This site is user friendly, I found it easy to look for the desired areas of interest. A clear website to work in and give your opinions on their blogsite if you wanted to.
• How can people contribute - People can contribute by There is a live support network, txt site, blog site available to post comments. Receiving emails is also an option.
• What do they contribute- There is information on the company and catalogues of available products. There are resources on ergonomics and devices suitable for individual users.
3. Description of Spectronics NZ- The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive range of technologies, activity exchange software programmes, support and training, and equipment trials so clients can choose the right devises for them.
Purpose: The purpose of this site
"Spectronics is Australia and New Zealand’s largest supplier of special needs software and assistive technologies. We prefer to think of our range as “inclusive learning technologies”, being those technologies which foster real success and real inclusion in educational or community-based settings. Our team is made up of staff from teaching, speech pathology, occupational therapy, and technical backgrounds, and we work closely with a wide network of professionals and technology users – reflecting our commitment to providing quality support to both education and disability groups throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia". http://www.spectronics.co.nz/
• How interactive is this site - This site offers a wide variety of interactive software sources for people with learning disabilities. It actively promotes assistance fpr those who require speech assist devices for reading, writing, communication, physical, intellectual disabilities to name only a few.
• How can people contribute - Viewers can interact via training and support network, blog site, online library, travel and events diary, email updates and product reviews, plus many more.
• What do they contribute- Viewers can interact via looking at answer and facts portal, video and photo footage of a previour conference held in 2010. You can also get an online quote or use their equipment trial scheme. They also offer trials of activities that can be downloaded and used within programs such as Boardmaker, Clicker 5, Communicate: SymWriter and many more.
Considering why people might visit these sites, it may be for convenience of online shopping or maybe they seek to get others opinions on the reliability of supply or services by the companies concerned. Information is generally reciprocal when blogs are concerned, but may be one way depending on the content discussed. When looking at this type of online content we should consider boundaries and property rights......
The Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization (1967) gives the following list of subject matter protected by intellectual property rights:
- literary, artistic and scientific works;
- performances of performing artists, phonograms, and broadcasts;
- inventions in all fields of human endeavor;
- scientific discoveries;
- industrial designs;
- trademarks, service marks, and commercial names and designations;
- protection against unfair competition; and
- “all other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific, literary or artistic fields.” http://www.wipo.int/freepublications/en/intproperty/909/wipo_pub_909.html#int_prop
World-class Assistive Technology Making a World of Difference: Retreived March 18, 2011, from: http://www.rehabtool.com/
InfoGrip, Assistive Technology Devices and Adaptive Products: Retreived March 24, 2011, from: http://www.infogrip.com/
Spectronics Inclusive Learning Technologies: Retreived May 6, 2011, from: http://www.spectronics.co.nz/