Wednesday 26 October 2011

Participation In Occupation II Blog 14 Ambience in Work

Ambience:
The previous blogs concentrated on affordance in activity and ambience is one of the last frameworks I will write about. This is my last blog entry and will discuss the attributes I find important when doing Jewellery Making as an occupation.

External Environment – The setting must be appropriate and suited to the individual and the task/activity. I find that when performing jewellery making I like a consistent temperature that is comfortable, serene, it supports my needs well and plenty of room to spread out my tools. The physical component of my environment is very important as it relates to how long I will perform my chosen task. Location: It is important as to where I am doing my activity in the home, community group, Clinical Situation, lighting, temperature, mood, individual fit to the activity and vice versa. Location can determine whether or not I engage in my activity properly and don't get distracted by other people or goings on. But I also like to be social and possibly do a group activity and get ideas from others. Values: To put value on something is not any easy task, as every one values different things in life. My own values consist of time management while doing my Jewellery making, I also look at the energy I put into every peice, if it is not exactly how I want it I will breal it down and start again. I am pedantic to a degree, a perfectionist some might say.

Additional
References and Notes:



Arendt, H. (1958). The Human condition. New York, Doubleday Anchor Books. in Butler, M. 2011, lecture notes on Work, in Participation in Occupation 2 (BT238001)

Jonsson, H., & Josephsson, S. (2005). Occupation and meaning. In H. Christiansen, C. M. Baum, and J. Bass-Haugen (eds.) , Occupational therapy: Performance, participation, and wellbeing (3rd ed.). Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated.
Geis, Karl E. (1987). A book of twelve winds. London: Paul H. Crompton Ltd. In Butler, M. 2011, readings book on Craft week 39, in Participation in Occupation 2 (BT238001)

Stone, G. V. M. (2005). Personal and environmental influences on occupations. In C.H. Christiansen, C. M. Baum, and J. Bass-Haugen (eds.), Occupational therapy: Performance, participation, and wellbeing (3rd ed.). Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated.

Vaughn, Jone, S. (1999). Knitting. Occupation, 7(1). In Butler, M. 2011, readings book on Craft week 39, in Participation in Occupation 2 (BT238001)
The bone art place. (2008). Jade twist. Retrieved from http://www.boneart.co.nz/jadetwists.htm

Blog Comments on Student Blogs Record:
1. Izabela Circa, Affordance continued, Sunday 25th September 2011.
2. Heather Lowen, Affordance part 2, 18th October 2011.
3. Godhelp N , Aesthetics, with the guitar, Tuesday 27th September 2011
4. Claire Fitzpatrick, Affordance, Thursday 13th October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment